Saturday, October 22, 2011

Long time no see:: Birthday Cowl as FO

Birthday Cowl in Red
As you can see, I haven't exactly been a faithful blogger over the last two years.  Sometimes you just have to take a long time off.  Studying to make a job change, a job change, a home change and job stress don't always make time for knitting.  However, as is the cycle of life, things have calmed down for now and I have found myself with a renewed inspiration towards knitting.  Projects that have languished in dresser drawers for two years are being welcomed into my world again and are slowly being worked toward completion. I look forward to sharing them.

In the meantime, I will feature projects that have been finished in the last two years but haven't been written about.  Given that I have recently celebrated turning 38 (38!! - crappers! can't believe it!!), I will start with the Birthday Cowl....




FO:: Birthday Cowl
For: me
Completed: Winter 2010
Yarn: Sirdar Snuggly DK in red
Needles: 4 mm
Link to pattern: here

Comments:  I made no modifications to this cowl.  It was an easy knit and I wear it frequently in the winter because the yarn is soft and it's super comfy to wear.  I can't stand anything itchy on my neck, so this is a frequent go-to accessory. The color also pops nicely against the brown and black coats I wear in the winter.

No comments: