Wednesday, August 6, 2008

starting more, finishing less


It seems that this summer may be a lot about starting things and a little less about finishing things. The Argosy scarf has been finished, the horseshoe pattern scarf is definitely closer to finished than started (it's my Water project for Project Spectrum), but the Goldilocks shawl has been s-h-e-l-v-e-d. Listen, I lurrrrrrrrrrrvs me some garter stitch, but there's something mind-numbing about garter stitch when I'm working on that shawl...... it kills me, it pains me, it makes me want to chew broken glass.........

So while it's been shelved, I continue work on other projects. The perfect baby kimono, a la Mason-Dixon knitting, and a little Whale of a Tail hat that I happened upon when I was in Newfoundland (see first pic). It's just a basic hat with a little whale tail that comes out the top of it, like a whale's tail comes out of the water. So cute! And it will be for me! So I continue to work on it....


And finally, in addition to travel, eating, shopping and lots of sleeping, this summer has been a whole lot about Titus. We've become so attached, that he now has to sit on my lap while I am at the computer; it is somewhat difficult to update a blog when a 25 pound miniature schnauzer is on your lap and breathing in your face. As DH and I always say......

"At least he's cute."




1 comment:

Lolly said...

Awww, he is so cute! I grew up with miniature schnauzers, and I love them so much. We had a black one and a gray one - such cuties!

I love the first photo up there - so perfect for PS Water ;)