Tuesday, March 17, 2009

fo: berry bramble hat

This month's goal is to post at least three times. I'm already up to two - so this is going very well so far!

I finished this hat a few months ago and the picture even sat in the computer file for a while before I realized that I had the time to blog about it.

This pattern is the Berry Bramble Hat from a very cute little book called Knit One, Embellish Too by Cosette Cornelius-Bates. It's a glorious little book that appealed to me because I am currently under a binding agreement with my mom to "stash-bust" and this book offers lots of ideas for accessories just perfect for stash-busting!

Pattern: Berry Bramble Hat from Knit One, Embellish too
Yarn: Ella Rae Palermo, color 2
Needles: 4.5 mm addi turbos
For: Me! It's my dog-walking hat.

Modifications: The hat is actually supposed to have a cute little tree embroidered on the front in a contrasting yarn and buttons, but I did not have the patience to do this. It's also supposed to have a crochet-chain edging along the bottom of the hat, but I didn't do that either!

Comments: I love the hat and the way it looks, however, next time I would use a thicker yarn and maybe knit it in a smaller size. This was meant to be a dog-walking hat, and I have worn it to walk my dog, however, it just doesn't keep my head warm at -40 degrees (which is the only real time I think about wearing a hat). In any case, it's a jaunty little knit and I recommend it to anyone!

No comments: