Friday, February 9, 2007

knitballs!

oh jeez.
how to even begin explaining a blog title like "knitballs"?

while it most definitely has to do with knitting (something I do with passion on a fairly regular basis - if being a beginning knitter who knits in front of the TV counts as "passion"), it is mostly related to a common expletive that my fiance and I use to express frustration - a common swear word that starts with "sh" and ends with "it" and just happens to rhyme with the word "knit."

i like the idea of the word play - that the "knitballs" has to do with knitting and balls of yarn and that it plays on a small joke that I share with my closest friend in the world. it's just a pun that a geeky English teacher like me would happen to enjoy. (cue the sarcastic eyeroll on behalf of my fiance!)

to continue on the knitting idea, I've been "lurking" on the Mason-Dixon KAL blog for several months and just as I finally decided to join, the group became closed to new members.

Knitballs!

I did not expect to meet this "roadblock" shall we say, and I was really hoping to start using that blog as a way to share my WIP with other knitters... but more importantly, a way to share my WIP with my cousin Lindsay who lives way too far away in Newfoundland.... in a small town that has no yarn stores (except Wal-mart). We knitting familiy members need a way to stay in touch.

Lindsay will soon be getting a link to this blog. Hi Lindsay!

and so... i will start this blog, but before I go any further, I certainly don't want anyone to get any ideas about me being an expert knitter who can provide advice and help when required.

B-E-G-I-N-N-E-R.

that's me.

No comments: