Friday, March 9, 2007

Happy Birthday Nanny!




This is a picture of me, my mom and my Nanny from last summer.


You tell me if you even THINK you're going to look that good at 80.


Yes, 80.


There are many amazing things about my Grandmother that make me very proud to be her oldest grand-daughter. For instance:



  1. Nanny had 6 kids - the first borns were triplets and then she went on to have 3 more. Hello - I think that grants you "hero" status right there.

  2. Nanny was married for over 55 years to an amazing man - my Pop. We love ya, Pop!

  3. Nanny has 12 grandchildren - all of whom she has strived to love and treat fairly since we've all been born. Everyone has the quilt to prove it.

  4. Since my Pop died almost two years ago, Nanny has been blessed with 5 great-grandchildren. How many more children can one small little woman be blessed with? Well, let's hope that there are many more to come.

  5. Nanny has a secret to great looking hair - it's called a satin pillow case.

  6. Nanny never wastes food and the family joke is that she could make a meal for 10 out of a half of a tomato, some bread and a can of tuna (wait, I'm not sure if she even likes tuna, but the point is that she can make a great meal out of practically nothing.)

  7. Nanny... like all Nannies and Grandmothers out there... is just super special. I'd have to put aside a trillion days to think of all of the great things about her.

Happy Birthday, Nanny. Hopefully we'll all have a life as full, rewarding and blessed as yours.


And really, hopefully we'll all look as good as you do at 80. Cheers!



1 comment:

Lindsay said...

Well, said Krista, you summed it up so well, now what am I going to say???? Have a great day and we'll chat soon!