Thursday, March 15, 2007

Stunned as me what?

Yeah, just in case you're wondering, that IS my butt and that IS exactly where I feel my head has been these past two days. In other words, feeling as "stunned as me arse."





First, you may be asking yourself, "Sweet cracker sandwiches, WHO would dare take a picture like that?" and my answer to you is that the only person who would dare take a picture of my hideously striped butt (note the stripes are curved, not even straight... ha ha!) is the man that I'm going to marry in just under 7 months. Of course, it's my fault for leaving the camera unattended on the seat of the golf cart - ladies, be forewarned - if you leave the camera on the seat and you bend over to put your golf tee in the ground, you can rest assured that somewhere, on someone's digital camera is a picture of your ass. No man can resist that temptation.

My efforts to re-do the bedroom have been seriously thwarted by the tremendous difficulty I had yesterday when I attempted to do ONE simple sewing task: that of adding a band of colour to the top of my current bedroom drapes. Let's just say that I was so exhausted after that debaucle that I have had only ONE bedroom drape for the last 24 hours and I have no desire to make the second one. I didn't even have a desire to pick up some knitting, which is really what this blog is all about. Not that I've written about any knitting lately...





but I will now... after I ask this one question of Lindsay; the real reason that I feel that I'm stunned:





I can't, for the life of me, figure out how to post a comment on your blog. I love your Star of Bethlehem flower, I love the Tiddly Winks quilt (Jane's gonna love it) and I actually wanted to taste one of the Green cookies you posted today. But do you think this program will let me post anything to tell you how much I love your stuff? For the love of God, help me out here, I'm dying.... I'm suffocating with my head up my butt here.


Ha! I couldn't resist that.




So this is what I've decided to pull out of the drawer and work on for a while. It's a lavender colored baby blanket in a really sweet pattern in Bernat "cottontots". I usually choose patterns that are a little more contemporary and straight forward and this is not that - there is more purling in this pattern than there are fish in the sea and that is why I have to frog a few rows when I decide to work on it tonight.

That being said, and to make my "knitballs" blog a little more about what it's supposed to be about, I'll leave you with the image of my striped butt burned into your retinas.
Happy Day, friends!







4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am enjoying your blog Krista. Nice butt too! Aunt Lynn

Lindsay said...

I love the baby blanket! Where did you get the pattern? I crocheted one with cotton tots, and I just love the feel.

Lindsay said...

this whole comment business is tough, when I do one on yours in never shows up right away???? What happens when you try to comment on mine?

Lindsay said...

ok, i think i get it, when i publish, it says that mu comment has been saved and will be visible after blog owner approval. I guess you can change that in your settings. Us new bloggers, we'll figure it out eventually. I can't get some pics to come out right side up! Any suggestions?